Blast API Integrates Mantle Network
Mantle Network is a Layer-2 (L2) scalability solution on top of Ethereum adopting a modular architecture. Combining the security of optimistic rollups with an innovative data availability solution, Mantle empowers developers to deploy and operate their dApps in a secure, high-throughput and low-fee environment.
Mantle Network emerged as a response to the current L2 landscape, where transaction fees are still too high to compete with more settled options such as sidechains, with most L2’s using ETH singularly as their only gas token. The design of Mantle network addresses the issues of both gas fees as well as developer experience that traditional L2’s currently face.
Mantle derives security from Ethereum as a rollup and uses a modular approach to build a separate data availability layer. Modular blockchains are built on the concept of modular design, which involves dividing a system into smaller interchangeable or replaceable parts.
The concept of a modular blockchain revolves around focusing on specific functions rather than attempting to handle every task. By combining multiple specialized blockchains, it becomes possible to create a system that is more scalable and customizable. Modular blockchains can specialize in various functions, including transaction execution, dispute resolution and bridging (optional) for settlement, transaction ordering for consensus, and ensuring data availability.
Unlike popular blockchains such as Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, and Solana, which handle all these functions at the node/network level as monolithic blockchains, modular blockchains break down these functions into separate layers that can be executed by different network actors. This approach offers advantages such as reduced gas costs and improved overall performance.
Furthermore, modular design could address the scalability, security, and decentralization trilemma often associated with blockchains. Here’s how:
- Increased network efficiency: By separating resources into specialized layers, network efficiency is enhanced, as each layer focuses on a specific task.
- Improved security for all users: Unlike L1 blockchains where only validators enjoy enhanced security, in a modular blockchain, all users operate at the same level of improved security.
- Reduced execution and validation load: Technologies like fraud proofs and ZK proofs, which operate on separate layers, decrease the burden of executing and validating transactions on nodes. As a result, nodes no longer need to execute all transactions to verify their validity.
Mantle excels by bringing together the Ethereum-level security derived from its rollup framework, and an unique data availability layer that caters to the next generation of dApps.
Data Availability (DA) pertains to the accessibility of transaction history posted by the sequencer to any node within the Mantle network. By having this information, any node can submit a fraud proof to verify the integrity of the published state. Enabling access to block data for all network participants becomes a crucial scalability concern, particularly for rollup-based blockchains aiming to prevent any potential withholding or malicious tampering of block data. Thus, the primary challenge of maintaining a trustless L2 network lies in ensuring the continuous availability of transaction data.
In this context, Mantle is actively exploring EigenLayer’s Data Availability solution, referred to as EigenDA. By implementing Mantle DA, nodes within the Mantle network can offer data availability services and participate in Mantle’s economic model through $MNT staking. This ensures the integrity and accuracy of data on the Mantle execution layer while leveraging the security features of L1s.
Thus, MantleDA brings:
- Separation of data availability and consensus layers: Mantle DA allows for the decoupling of the data availability layer from the consensus layer.
- Efficient data exchange: It employs a unicast channel for data transmission and storage among network participants, resulting in improved efficiency.
- Erasure rate maintenance: By maintaining an erasure rate, verified actors can reconstruct complete block data by utilizing pieces from both L2 and L1 sources.
This approach facilitates high throughput and low gas costs, making it suitable for advanced blockchain applications like gaming, decentralized social networks, and more.
Mantle Endpoints Now Available in Blast API!
Developers building on the Mantle Network can optimize their workflow by utilizing Blast as their primary API platform. Blast offers a user-friendly interface and extensive documentation, enabling Mantle builders to effortlessly create custom API endpoints with minimal effort. Moreover, they can effectively manage multiple projects, benefit from high throughput, and experience industry-leading response times and exceptional reliability. Blast has achieved decentralization by enabling node owners to join the Blast Protocol as Node Providers in a permissionless manner, eliminating single points of failure. This aspect is of utmost importance for builders as it mitigates risks and ensures the platform’s resilience and security.
Blast provides dedicated APIs that can be tailored to meet specific project requirements, along with the option to utilize a public API.
Public APIs: https://blastapi.io/public-api/mantle
Dedicated endpoints: https://blastapi.io/login?app=consumer
How to generate a dedicated Mantle API in Blast
- Go to blastapi.io
- Press on Get endpoint or Connect.
- Connect with your Metamask wallet or with Wallet Connect
- Sign the message prompted by your wallet provider
- Create a project to be able to generate APIs or use one of the projects you have already built
- Inside the project space, go to Available endpoints and activate Mantle to obtain the API
Mantle has been activated!
With the integration of Mantle, Blast now supports 47 networks and 26 chains, aiming to become a vehicle for boosting blockchain adoption and supporting Web3 builders from development to production, release, and beyond. The set of blockchain projects available within the Blast platform is carefully selected in order to support Web3 development efforts on the most relevant networks in the industry. For any builder who is ready to start their blockchain journey, the Bware Labs team of experts is available 24/7 via Discord support!